Skip to main content

Keeping Your Social Media Self Organized


Here are a few of the productivity tools I find handy in my online, “keeping track of everything” life…

CalenGoo – On my iPhone and synced with Outlook. I like colors—thus I love my CalenGoo calendar :) (I also have a paper Franklin Covey “workhorse” daily planner—pen and paper are good things.)

Time Tracker – For days when I want to know (at the end of the day) how I spent my hours. Plus this is a great tool for tracking coaching calls and / or social media time.

Word Document – Pretty standard I know. I keep an opened Word document minimized on my computer. Whenever I want / need to capture something from the net, a website, quote, name, etc…I simply copy and paste it to the document, then minimize the document to the side / bottom of the screen. At the end of the day, or after a few days, I can review and file the things I want / need to refer to later, use in a blog post, forward to a client and / or delete when I find at second glance that I’m no longer interested.

Google Reader – I love Google Reader! I can easily follow a list of blogs quickly and review subjects without having to log on to each blog independently; great for Tweeting, sharing on LinkedIn or Pinning! Easy to add or delete as interests change.

Zite – A personalized magazine for iPhone / iPad that gets smarter as you use it. I use Zite for viewing blog posts that I’m not subscribed to in Google Reader. My list of topics: Leadership, Management, Time Management, Entrepreneurship, Gardening, Travel, and World News.

I don’t use tools that instantly broadcast to every social media site. I’ve found some content is better suited toward one audience than another plus, as best I can, I want to stay personally connected to anything I say or post.

What are some of your favorite tools for keeping your head above water while participating in social media?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect Comfort Food - Pumpkin Apple Bread

A perfect comfort food, especially when spread with cream cheese, Pumpkin Apple Bread has become a tradition of mine every autumn – Enjoy!   Pumpkin Apple Bread from Celebrate the Rain - Seattle Junior League 3 cups all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking soda 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground nutmeg (can use freshly grated) 1 tsp ground cloves ¾ tsp salt ¼ tsp ground allspice   2 cups (16 ounces) pure pumpkin puree (I use fresh / steamed and pureed pumpkin – you may also use canned) 2 ¼ cup sugar 4 eggs, lightly beaten ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 large or 2 medium Granny Smith apples: peeled, cored and cut into ¼ inch dices Cinnamon Sugar Topping 5 Tbs sugar 1 Tbs all-purpose flour 1 Tbs butter at room temperature 1 (heaping) tsp cinnamon For the topping – Combine sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon. Blend with fork to an even, crumbly texture. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9- by 5-inch loaf pans. Sift together the flour, baking s...

Anniversaries

“If I could only turn back time to the place we left behind – I’d find you there...”  Happy and sad—bitter and sweet… Birthdays and days of passing—weddings and funerals… Public festivities where extended friends abound—private retreats where only close friends, family or Time spent in solitary reflection, enough to fill one’s soul. This weekend is the anniversary of my mother’s passing 26 (short) years ago. When I think of all the things she’s missed: Her granddaughter’s growing up. Getting to know her two grandsons-in-law. Watching her two great-grandsons’ and one granddaughter's lives expand. Traveling around the world to see them and be a part of their lives. She is also missing: Tea with me and the adult conversations we would now be able to have; when she passed away, I was 32 and in the middle of caring for young children, raising horses and taking care of the farm.  We could now sit, two women, expanding our relationship deeper and farther than ...

A Simple "Hello"

Not to start on a negative, but this is one of my pet peeves...people who send condolences or RSVPs, a written invitation or congratulations or any other such personal communications in an e-mail. I mean really, how sincere is it when the receiver knows that this is something you popped off on your iPhone while waiting at the dentist? As Alan Weiss points out in his Balancing Act Newsletter, “Texting ‘I feel 4 U’ is not the same, somehow, as writing four sentences of sympathy and support. We can all afford the ten minutes.” In this day of “instant” everything, have we forgotten how to pick up a pen and a piece of paper? Here’s an easy way to make sure this type of “never have time for” correspondence doesn’t happen to you. Purchase five cards or post cards. Purchase stamps. (These first two steps are honestly the hardest part of this!) Put your favorite music on, settle in and think of five people you love and “never” write because you “never” have the time. Possibly one of your five ...